Under the shadow of Whiteface Mountain, you will enjoy our magnificent Adirondack waterfalls. Here you can capture sights of the west branch of the famous AuSable River as it explodes into deep crevices in its journey through ancient granite cliffs formed over a billion years ago by the forces the of ice, water and wind.
Modern bridges with glass platforms and groomed walking trails allow you to enjoy a self-guided tour to view the beautiful Adirondack waterfalls, dark pools and one of New York's largest pot holes. Informational signs will inform you about the beautiful ancient rock, climax forest, and history of the AuSable River.
- To see the waterfalls, we have prepared for you a ½ mile (45 minute) round trip walk along the gorge.
- Bridges, walkways and groomed paths provide easy walking and hiking access for everyone.
- We offer an additional, one mile beginner/intermediate separate nature trail. You will climb steep inclines and hike on uneven surfaces, so we suggest you wear closed toed, tied shoes on this trail.
- In the summer, wildflowers will be visible along the walking path.
- A peaceful picnic area is available at our new Riverside Courtyard inside the 22 acre park. You are welcome to bring your own lunch or we will pack your order from our restaurant, the River View Cafe.
- Parking is FREE and on-site.